Friday 21 October 2011

Angel Yue Yue goes to Heaven-Devils still here

A Chinese Two Year old girl that was run over by TWO cars on October 13th has died today.



Wang Yue, nicknamed YueYue, was killed in a most disgusting manner: extreme gross negligence. YueYue and her mother were out shopping when she got separated from her at a convenience store; as she walked out onto the street, a van hit her and DROVE AWAY. As she lay there in pain and bleeding, EIGHTEEN PEDESTRIANS walked past-note that this area was not very crowded either so that time was not quick. ANOTHER VAN then hit her and DROVE AWAY. When a woman found her and actually helped, she went to the local shops to ask where her parents were and they replied  "Mind your own business"

YueYue died today (21.1.2011) after being in a coma for the past three days and deteriorating. The question that comes out of this was "Why did they walk past a dying child?". The answer was simple: they were afraid they would be made liable. In 2006, Peng Yu, then 26, said he stopped after seeing a woman fall in Nanjing, she accused him of knocking her down with his car, and a court ordered him to pay her 45,000 yuan (£4500) in damages.

One of the drivers said to YueYue's mother that "If she dies I only have to pay 2000 yuan (£200). If she lives
I have to pay over 20,000 (£2000) for her healthcare and operations" 
An interview with a driver is below-the shocking parts are in red:

  • Reporter(R): Are you the one who ran over Yueyue?
  • Accident driver (A): I didn’t want that happen either. I’m just a driver.
  • R: Why did you call her father?
  • A: When the accident happened, I was on the phone.
  • R: Why didn’t you stop after running into something? Did you know you had hit somebody?
  • A: I knew I’ve run into a person. I was scared. If you hit somebody, you would ran away too.
  • R: Don’t you have any conscience? Why didn’t you save her?
  • A: I was too scared. I am just a driver.
  • R: How many years have you been driving? Don’t you know hit-and-run is a very severe crime?
  • A: I’ve been driving for 2 years. Who never makes a mistake? As you can see, that kid walked and looked around. If she walked more carefully, how would I run into her?
  • R: Was there any heavy goods on the truck?
  • A: Yes, that’s why I stepped on the gas.
  • R: Now how do you like to deal with this accident?
  • A: I want to offer them some money. But I don’t want to show up.
  • Later reporter called the accident driver again:
  • R: Do you want to turn yourself in now?
  • A: No. I’ve asked my friend to send my wife and kids over here from Guangxi. I’ll find a job in the construction site where no one knows me.
  • R: You want to hide yourself for the rest of your life?
  • A: I’m scared. I didn’t mean to (run over the girl.) Everybody makes mistake. I have a wife and a 14 year-old kid. Without me, they can’t survive.
  • R: One should be responsible for his own fault. You have kid too, don’t you know how Yueyue’s parent feel?
  • A: so what?
  • R: How is your feeling now?
  • A: sad..haha
  • R : At this point, you still laugh?
  • A: It’s a bitter smile. You have no idea how much pressure I’m under now. One word-’scared’. I would hide until I couldn’t anymore. I know sometime it take more than a few decades to catch a murder. I’m over 30 year-old now. In 30 years, I might have died. This whole thing would have been forgotten. I know how to deal with the cops. I would shy away from the big cities, just stay in the suburbs and don’t make big money.
  • R: Seeing your kid, wouldn’t that remind you of the little girl you ran over?
  • A: Why should I? She wasn’t even my kid.
  • R : How would you like to compensate the losses of Yueyue’s family?
  • A: I also have losses myself. I didn’t get my salary. I told my boss there was some emergency in my family and just quit the job. 
Those written in the red are disgusting. Taking someone's life is one thing, taking a childs is another, taking a child's life due to negligence is sick.He blames a two year old for not looking both ways yet he was on the phone.

What is hard to understand is that even though she was hurt on the street, shouldn't anyone have called an ambulance or tried to barricade off the poor child? What is even worse is the sheer ignorance of the second driver who did not even seem to move out of the way.

The laws in China NEED TO CHANGE. China's government is improving,as are its economy and human rights but this ''any attendant to an injured person is automatically guilty'' theory needs to change.

Both drivers were driving fast, one was on the phone and both saw the girl. They are currently arrested. Both need to be sentenced to death for manslaughter.

Even those without children should sympathise with her mother. China has a one-child policy and even though many have more than one, losing your child's life to negligence is one of the worst things in the world.





9 comments:

  1. The drivers both need to get the death penalty! Especially the first one who caused the most serious injuries and shows no regret for the unforgivable horrible thing he did! If he had gotten out and helped the baby the first time he ran her over, she would have been saved! Instead, this piece of human garbage decided to drive away, running over the baby a second time! This is murder! Baby YueYue was MURDERED by this piece of shit! He should not be allowed to live his life when he took an innocent little child away from this world! Kill him, and make sure he feels the same horrible pain litttle YueYue had to feel! I hope that the Chinese people will come together and demand the death penalty for both these hit-and-run drivers, these MURDERERS! The only thing we can do for little YueYue now is get her justice by sending her killers to hell where they belong!

    Poor baby girl. Rest in peace, sweet little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ thankyou. I do not know what makes this case more sad than babies dying in traffic,children in Africa dying or simply the road deaths China experiences everyday.
    Perhaps it is the fact that THIS GIRL COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED BY 18 PEOPLE. Maybe it is also because ANOTHER DRIVER RAN OVER HER. I do not know. Please tell your friends/family that there should be a petition to punish these two people-NOT just making them pay a mere fine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me sick to think how the little girl had to suffer in such terrible pain. In the video, you can see her moving, she was conscious the ENTIRE TIME! She felt it every time she was run over, the horrible pain! No one should have to be in such pain, especially not a little child! She was laying in a big pool of her own blood and still people ignored her! Even if someone had rushed to her after she was run over by the first van there is a possibility she could have survived and she would not have been hit again by the second van! How can someone hit a person and just drive away? And how can someone just walk by a severely injured child crying in pain? This child could definitely have been saved if the people around her right after it happened had a soul like the kind-hearted woman who was the only one to come to little YueYue's aid. I agree there should be a petition and protests to show that people are not just going to stand by and allow the child killing drivers to be free to live after they took an innocent little life away. If they get away with murder, it will just keep happening! My heart goes out to the parents. I can't even imagine to think if someone took my dear child's life away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou. Please share this article/get your friends to comment. Hopefully this is not the only site that suggests that those bastards should get the death penalty (AT LEAST imprisonment AND a fine).
    The second driver really angered me more than the first as he went straight over her-killing her. The first one was the lesser of two evils in that he didn't run her over on puprose but was driving WHILE ON THE PHONE and DROVE AWAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Publish this on facebook or just join one of 2 fan pages already up before she passed away- "I'm sorry YueYue, how could they be so damn careless" or "YueYue,you'll live on forever in our hearts"

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is true the second driver should have seen her and caused the injury that probably led to her death. The first driver is also guilty because you can see in the video he had plenty of time to stop instead of hitting her, then instead of getting out of his van to help, he drives her over with his rear wheel, so at first he didn't mean to hit her, but when he drove her over again, it was on purpose. I don't know which driver later told her devastated parents when YueYue was still alive that he hoped she died so he wouldn't have to pay so much for her hospital bills, then saying why should he care because she wasn't his kid. It's worse because he took the life of someone else's child! She had a family that loved her very much, and now that family is broken. How can he be so cold-hearted? Both these drivers should be put to death or lifetime in a very strict prison where they will be beaten up everyday. I'm sure there are many many people demanding death penalty and harsh punishment for the drivers. The people who passed and ignored her need to be shamed. Even though they did not cause her injuries, they could have saved her life if they had helped her sooner. Yes, we must spread the word and not forget this sweet little girl. She deserves justice and the public must demand it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.petitions24.com/we_demand_justice_for_yueyue_-_15yr_sentences_for_drivers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Signed it, but 15 years really is nothing considering the horror of this crime. YueYue deserves far more justice than that. A life for a life, or in this case, 2 lives since they both are guilty for killing her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://feetupmag.blogspot.com/2011/11/more-children-killed-on-chinese-roads.html

    ReplyDelete

write a comment